Thursday, October 22, 2015

Today, Not Tomorrow

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

When I first gave my life to the Lord, I had no idea where it would take me. To be honest, if God would have shown me at that time all the changes I needed to make in my life, I’d have boarded a ship to Tarshish! Yet, here I am today pastoring a church in Julian, California, and writing books and eDevotions. Had God told me that back then, I probably would have laughed my head off in unbelief. But that’s the Lord’s way. He doesn’t show us more than is necessary. 

That is especially true about the difficulties we face. We know we will have them because our Lord told us so, “In this world you will have tribulation” [John 16:33], but He doesn’t show us more than we need to know. What He desires is for us to cast our cares upon Him and trust Him for our future.

That’s why we take things a day at a time. We haven’t yet developed the faith to overcome all the problems we are to face in the future, but God has given us all that we need to overcome what we face today. Keep in mind the Lord taught us to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread.” And also remember that the Children of Israel, while in the wilderness, could only collect enough manna for one day. So, too, the Lord gives us sufficient grace to face our daily challenges. 

As one who is called according to His purpose, there are many adventures and challenges ahead of you. God will supply everything you need to face each situation. Trust Him for strength to face today’s challenges and tribulations. Tomorrow is another day.

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matthew 6:34 [The MESSAGE Paraphrase]

No comments:

Post a Comment