Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Priceless

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

My life has been radically influenced by the example of godly men and women who wholeheartedly sought the Lord. I wanted the same kind of relationship that they had with God, and I knew the only way that would happen was if I, too, earnestly sought after God and His ways. All these years later, I can honestly say that the most exhilarating aspect of my life is a vital, personal relationship with my heavenly Father. 

An intimate relationship with God doesn’t happen accidentally. It requires continual, intentional decisions to make room for the pursuit of God. Intimacy is not something that happens once at a Bible conference, or Summer camp, or reading a chapter of Scripture every day. Seeking God is a day by day, year by year commitment—a persevering lifetime commitment.

Some Christ followers are content with a shallow, superficial relationship with God. They approach Him when they want relief from something, or a need met, but they are unwilling to spend extended periods of time in prayer and the Word. What a tragedy to forfeit such a great blessing.

Is that your desire too? Do you long for a vital, intimate relationship with God. I believe you do, so listen carefully. Slow down! Seeking the Lord is not something you rush through. It takes time and effort, but the rewards… they’re priceless!

Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. Isaiah 55:6

No comments:

Post a Comment