Friday, September 23, 2016

Stay Connected

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

Yesterday was an interesting day in the small town where I live. There was a planned power outage and it lasted all day - from 8:30 AM until just after 7:00 PM. Since our house is all electric, it made things a little difficult. We had to rely on our BBQ grill to cook our food. That wasn’t so bad because we enjoy grilling, but have you ever tried BBQ’d coffee? Take my word for it, I’ve had better!

It caused me to reflect on the necessity of staying connected to a power supply. It’s true of the spiritual life too. Jesus said, “Apart from Me, you can do nothing” [John 15:5].

That makes me rethink everything. Would we not have the most amazing life if we stayed constantly connected to the ultimate power source? God’s power is always on. It’s reliable. It doesn’t break down or become obsolete. It’s never compromised. His is a miracle working, omnipotent kind of power that never fails!

I looked at one of my lamps yesterday and it struck me that it was a useless piece of metal and wiring, incapable of functioning as it was created to do without a power source. And what about us? What good are we disconnected from our power supply? Disconnected from our power source, we are like a broken lamp in the darkness.

Get plugged in and stay connected. Trust God wholeheartedly. Pray. Read the Word and follow His loving, divine purpose for your life. Stay rooted in Him. It’s true, apart from Christ, we can do nothing. Stay connected to God and live!

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing” John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment