Thursday, April 6, 2017

H.O.P.E.

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

Theologically speaking, the resurrection is the basis of all things Christian. No resurrection, no Christianity. 

Practically speaking, the resurrection is our greatest source of hope. We could all use a little hope in the days that we live in. It is the hope that…

Helps you. Hope will help you through the darkness of disappointment. 

Opens possibilities. Hope makes possible restoration after defeat.

Provides answers. Hope provides answers to your doubt. 

Enables you. Hope enables you to overcome the sting of death.

Many people will go to churches all across America on Easter Sunday. I wonder how many of them enjoy the hope afforded them because Jesus rose from the dead.

Here’s what I’m thinking: Because He lives, I have hope of sins forgiven, hope of a fulfilled life (“life abundant,” Jesus said), and hope of eternal life with God, which is to come. 

Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him, "Rabboni!" (which is to say, Teacher). Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that He had spoken these things to her. John 20.16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment