Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Exercise Your Divine Privilege

God is not a vending machine, right? Frankly, it seems to me that we are living in a day in which God is viewed like a slot machine - I do my service for Him then wait to see what jackpot comes my way!

Your initial response may be, “You’ve got to be kidding, right, Pastor Rick?” Actually, I’m not. While it may not be as blatant as the example above, I think there are a lot of people who silently think that God is really lucky to have them on His team. 

The Bible has an different approach or way of thinking about our service to God. Rather than thinking we are “helping God out” when we serve Him, the Bible says that serving God is a privilege because we are in Christ Jesus. 

Therefore, give cheerfully. Serve humbly. In reality, we only have what He has given us to give to Him anyway. So, exercise your privilege of serving Him each and every day. And be sure to thank God for the wonderful blessings He has bestowed on you so that you may live for His glory. 

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Romans 12.1

No comments:

Post a Comment