Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Another Word on Peace

I’ve written dozens of eDevotions on the subject of peace, and here I am again with peace on my mind. In the messed up world we live in, peace is a wonderful thing. Here’s what I want to remind you about peace today: Jesus, yes, Jesus Himself, is our peace. When you need peace, God doesn’t dispense peace like a pharmacist fills your prescription. You’ll never hear Him say, “Take two of these and call me in the morning.” Instead, He gives us Himself. He doesn’t give us something, He gives us Someone. So, I repeat, Jesus is our peace. Listen now, Jesus is God’s fulfillment for peace. 

It’s Christ’s presence that takes away fear.

It’s Christ’s sovereignty that assures and calms us in the face of doubts.

It’s Christ’s goodness that renews us when we are weighed down by despair.

It’s Christ’s watchfulness and intervention that keep us from faltering.

And it’s Christ’s inevitable victory that assures us we will not fail.

Perhaps you’re living with some level of uncertainty. You aren’t alone. In fact, I’m living with a couple of question marks too. What form is yours taking? A health crisis? A financial issue? A self-destructive family member or friend? A career change? 

Things like that may keep you awake at night; certainly they keep you on the edge of your seat. If we could only see into the future for the final outcome. Maybe then you could bear the waiting. Rather than you bearing it, why not let Jesus carry the load for you? The invitation has been given: “Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you” [1 Peter 5.7], or, “… take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly of spirit and you will find rest for your souls” [Matthew 11.29].

Jesus wins in the end. Because of that, I cannot fail. Along the way I may experiences some wins and losses, but in the end, Jesus wins. And so do I!

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation …” Ephesians 2.14

No comments:

Post a Comment