Monday, February 25, 2019

You Can Trust the Bible

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 2 Corinthians 1:20

H.L. Hastings said, “The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers. The hammers of the infidels have been pecking away at [the Bible] for ages, but the hammers are worn out, and the anvil still endures.”

The Bible endures. Praise the Lord! It is true, unchanging, and completely trustworthy. Because of that I know:

My sins are forgiven - In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1.7

I am a child of God - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name. John 1.12

I’ll live with God forever in heaven - In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14.2-3


These things, and so many more, are true for Christ followers — promises of love, joy, and peace in this life and the one to come. Never doubt the truth of God’s Word. It is completely reliable and trustworthy … you can count on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment