Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Lord Is With You

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

When Daniel faced the den of lions, the Lord was with him. When Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego faced the flames of a fiery furnace, the Lord was with them. When David faced the giant in his life, God was there.
  
God could have easily prevented these men from experiencing their difficulties. He chose instead to be with them while they experienced their trials. That is a great lesson for all us to learn. God often chooses to reveal His power through the trial, rather than showing His mighty power to remove the trial. 

Trials and difficulties are simply a part of life. I don’t know why that surprises some Christ followers. So let me ask this important question; How do you react when your faith is challenged by adversity? Do you grumble and complain? Do you accuse God of abandoning you? Do you throw a pity-party?

Let me suggest a more biblical approach. Remain joyful through them! I know what you are thinking. Rick, are you out of your mind? James, the Lord’s brother said it this way, “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials...” [James 1:2 NASB]

How is is possible to be joyful in times of trial? Do as the Psalmist did, “Unto Thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in Thee...” [Psalm 25:1-2a KJV]

It’s your choice. You can complain during your trial or you can have complete confidence in God during your darkest hour - believing and, yes, knowing He is with you...now, always, and all the way.

Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp. The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.” [Zephaniah 3:16b-17a]

2 comments:

  1. Rick. Great word for my day today. I passed it on to my brother-in-law and sister who are going through a great trial right now. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete