Monday, May 19, 2014

Can I Get a Witness?

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

I read an interesting quote in the Wycliff Handbook of Preaching & Preachers: "Millions of surveys which we have helped to take around the world indicate that approximately 98% of the Christians do not regularly introduce others to the Savior." 

- - Really? 

In a Billy Graham training session for his crusade, participants were asked, “"What is your greatest hindrance in witnessing?" 

0% said they don't care 
9% said they were too busy 
12% said their lives were not as consistent as they should be  
28% said they lacked enough real information to share 
51% feared the reactions they would receive

- - Honestly?

One day, Isaiah was in the Temple praying. Recognizing the God of heaven, he admitted his sinfulness, and was cleansed when an angel touched him with an ember from the altar of sacrifice. Then a most interesting conversation took place. The God to whom he just admitted his unworthiness to, asked, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”

Immediately Isaiah responded, “Here I am, send ME!” — “I’m available, work through me. I’ll do it for Your sake!”

How about it, Christ follower, are you one of the 98% who seldom give a witness for your Savior? Are you one of the 9% that are too busy? The 12% with inconsistent lives? The 28% lacking information? The 51% fearful? Or are you like THE CLEANSED ISAIAH, READY AND WILLING TO SPEAK UP FOR YOUR SAVIOR!

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment