Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Safe Place

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

A friend of mine living in Israel has kept me informed of the circumstances he deals with daily during the current Israeli/Gaza/Hamas conflict. Recently, there have been rocket and mortar attacks less than 25 miles from his residence in southern Israel. He told me in an eMail that what is going on is merely skirmish, and only time would tell if it would escalate into a full-scale war encompassing the entire Middle East. 

I asked the question I know many others have asked him, “Are you afraid of living in Israel right now?” His answer, while no surprise to me, was revealing:

Truth is, there aren’t any real safe places in this world anymore. The only truly safe place that I know of is in God’s perfect will. We are striving to remain there the rest of our earthly days.”

I shout out a resounding amen to that! Whatever God is calling you to do, wherever God is calling you to go — to a foreign land to serve the nations, or across the street to serve a neighbor - it’s easy to get wrapped up in their fear, anxiety, and criticism. So, chose the Lord, chose His will. He will not leave your side when you are doing great things on His behalf.

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? Psalm 118:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment