Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Greatest Reward Is Christ

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

What is the greatest reward for going to the Grand Canyon? I saw a young child wearing a T-Shirt that announced, “My parents went to the Grand Canyon and all I got was this T-Shirt!” The greatest reward for going to the Grand Canyon is not a collectable, it’s the Grand Canyon. It’s that eye-popping, mind-blowing realization that you are standing at something so splendid, so beautiful, so vast, and yet, there is no hand of man involved with it. 

What is the greatest reward of a Christ follower? Is it not Christ? Some think it’s a car in the garage or money in the bank. Others think it’s health and well-being. But in the eternal scheme of things, they are of minor significance.

Knowing Christ is that heart-stopping, mind-boggling realization that in Him, you are part of the endless, the unfathomable, the unstoppable. Christ is the reward of being a “Christian.” And what really blows my mind is that the One who can dig a Grand Canyon with mere finger play, thinks you and I are worth His death on an “old, rugged cross.”

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ. Philippians 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment