Tuesday, June 23, 2015

God of Your Tuesday

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

I woke up early this morning, Tuesday morning, and my Bible reading was from the book of Philippians. I read it three times. My soul again refreshed. There was a verse that captured my attention as it has done many times. It talked about what you and I can do with Christ on our side. 

As I pondered that for a while, it reminded me of some other things that I’ve read recently. 

  • The Hubble Space Telescope sends images of galaxies over ten billion light years away. [For you math maniacs, that’s 10 Billion X 6 trillion miles. Now doesn't that just bless your day!]
  • The star Betelgeuse has a diameter of one hundred million miles, which is larger than earth’s orbit around the sun. [Another blessing, I'm sure!]

Why such immensity? Why such vastness? Why such unused space? I have a theory. So that you and I, freshly amazed, can confidently say, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” The God of galaxies is the God of my Tuesday. And yours!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment