Friday, August 21, 2015

God’s Love is Best

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

It’s difficult, maybe even dangerous, to sum up a grand truth in a couple of sentences. It requires a lot of thought and discipline as well. I’m going to give it a shot, but you first. In a sentence or two, describe God’s loving desire for every Christ follower. Go ahead, I’ll wait…

Here’s my attempt: God loves you just the way you are, but refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like His Son, Jesus.

OK, maybe it’s not the greatest statement, but it is the best I can do. It emphasizes God’s infinite love for you. God loves you just the way you are. If you think God will love you more if your faith is stronger, you’re wrong. If you think God will increase His love if you memorize 500 Bible verses, wrong again! Never confuse God’s love with human love, because people often extend love “if” or “because” of something. “I’ll love you if you get good grades” or “if you give me what I want.” Stay away from that kind of love, the conditions are too high. “I love you because you’re pretty/handsome” or “because you’re rich.” Stay away from that kind of love, because conditions may change. Human love often increases with performance or declines with failure. 

Not so with God. God’s love is best. He loves you just as you are. 

In your lives you must ·think and act like [have the same attitude as] Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5 [Expanded Bible - EXB]

No comments:

Post a Comment