Monday, August 3, 2015

He Doesn’t Change

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

This world is ever-changing. That’s why we are doomed to disappointments if we seek security in people, possessions, or positions; families move in and out of our lives, friendships wax and wane, allegiances shift. And don’t even talk about technology. It’s advancing by quantum leaps and bounds. 

What we need, “as the world turns,” is an anchor. And the real Jesus of the Bible is the true anchor of our soul. Why, you ask? Because He is the constant in a constantly changing world. The more we learn about who He is and what He can do, the more comfort we find in Him.

Sure, situations change, but He does not. The holy Jesus of the New Testament is the same Messiah we cling to today. Difficult circumstances are inevitable and unavoidable. So prepare yourself now by learning more about the Lord Jesus Christ. 

The Psalmist wrote, “He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Stronghold; I shall not be shaken” [Psalm 62:6]. My Rock, my Salvation, and my Stronghold that never changes. What a Savior!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment