Friday, October 19, 2018

Trustworthiness is Vital


I was going through some of my Bible College notes and ran across something one of my professors said. I highlighted and underlined the statement: “God is trustworthy. Because He is trustworthy, and because we are to be like Him, it is vital that we be trustworthy also.” How true!

You’ve felt it, haven’t you? That sting of being let down by someone. “I’ll be there to help,” and they never show up. “Dad, I promise I’ll be home by 11:00.” At 12:30, “Dad, I’m sorry. I just lost track of time.” “Don’t worry. I’ll give you credit for the work you’ve done on the project.” Then you find out your boss took sole credit when talking with his boss. The list is unending. We can all point to failure after failure, disappointment after disappointment.  

But, not so with God! His trustworthiness has never be impugned. The Psalmist declares, "The Lord has sworn and will not relent” [110.4]. God is utterly trustworthy. Our testimony should be the same. Sure, we are not perfect in this area, but we should be known for our dependability in ever-increasing measure. 

How do others see you? Trustworthy? Dependable? Not so much? Do you say, “I forgot” a lot, or offer many other excuses for your lack of dependability? If so, pray about it. Ask God to help you be a trustworthy person; someone whom others can rely on. 

God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?” Numbers 23.19

No comments:

Post a Comment