Sunday, February 2, 2014

I Could Use A Little Faith about Now!

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

On several occasions, our Lord said to His disciples, “Oh ye of little faith.” Let’s be honest, He could have been speaking about you and me, right?

I once read in a biography of D.L. Moody that he spent many hours praying for faith. He said, "If all the time I have spent praying for faith was put together, it would be months. I thought that someday faith was going to come down and strike me like lightening. But faith did not come. Then one day I read in the 10th chapter of Romans, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." I now opened my Bible and began to read God's Word and faith has been growing ever since."

“...faith comes by hearing...the Word of God.” Could it be that our lack of faith has to do with our ‘faith’ having little or nothing to do with biblical faith? For some, faith is based on feelings, or need, or the latest exciting conference, revival, or church service. But if we are to have biblical faith, it must be centered in God’s Word, the Bible; on Jesus and His death and resurrection, His gift of eternal salvation. That’s right, our faith is established and built up as the Living Word, the everlasting love of God is poured into our lives.

So read, hear, and apply the Word! Take it in—daily, consistently. Your faith will grow strong as you do so. 

So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17 

No comments:

Post a Comment