Thursday, April 17, 2014

Passover 2014 - The Blood Applied

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

As I have been meditating on the Passover for 2014, I was once again struck by the powerful truth that the blood of the innocent animal had to be applied to the doorpost of the home if it was going to be effective. A passive belief in the blood and the words of Moses would not have been enough to stay the hand of the Angel of Death as he passed through the land. If the blood had not been applied, the Angel of Death would have taken their firstborn, belief or not! When the blood was applied, a dividing line, of sorts, was drawn, which the Angel of Death could not pass. 

That truth stirred my memory to lines from some of the hymns of my childhood that spoke of the blood of our Savior, our sacrificial Lamb.

“There to my heart was the blood applied; Glory to His name”

“Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow? Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?”

“When I see the blood, I will pass, I will pass over you.”

“What can wash away my sins? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.”

“By faith, for my cleansing I see Your blood flow; Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.”
“The blood that gives me strength from day to day, it will never lose its power.”

And who can forget:

“There is power, power, wonder working power in the blood of the Lamb.”

Dear Christ follower, don't make the mistake of a passive approach to Christ’s blood that was shed on your behalf. Be actively walking in the power of the blood, not only at Passover, but in the coming days as well. If there was ever a time we needed to be walking in the “power in the blood,” it’s today!

For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt. Exodus 12:12-13 

1 comment: