Thursday, November 13, 2014

Beyond Your Wildest Dream

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

This weekend, I’m speaking at a memorial service for one of our congregants who has received her eternal reward. It’s one of the many responsibilities of a Pastor, and one that, for me, helps to keep my mind from wandering too far from heaven. “Heaven is a wonderful place; I want to go there…” — words to a song we used to sing many years ago. 

It also reminds me that we often get accustomed to the false securities of earth. Rest on this earth is not rest. Beware of those who would have you think that you will find ultimate happiness here; your happiness is just a diet away, a marriage away, a job away, a toy away…

Instead, remember that the Lord is preparing a place for YOU! Try to imagine it, if you will. A perfect place; absolute peace, true holiness, meaningful work, perfect praise, the presence of our God and Savior, and much more! Do you have have it firmly fixed in your mind? 

OK, now exhale, smile, and remember that no one has ever imagined [it hasn’t remotely entered into the heart of man] “the things which God has prepared for those who love Him” [1 Corinthians 2:9]. 

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment