Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Put on Christ

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

I recently went to Disneyland and it was surprising how many people dressed up for the occasion. Mouse ears, T-Shirts with a Disney character or logo on it, and princess dresses, there were thousands of them—it was obvious that Frozen’s princess Elsa was the favorite!

It got me to thinking, I wonder if God cares about how we are dressed? Apparently He does and the Bible tells us exactly the kind of wardrobe God desires of us. The apostle Paul told the Roman Christ followers to, “…clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and forget about satisfying your sinful self” [Romans 13:14].

He also wrote this to the Galatian Christ followers, “You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ” [Galatians 3:26-27].

It’s obvious that what I’m talking about has nothing to do with haute couture. Neither is it a matter of denim, cotton, or silk. It is a heavenly garment that only heaven can give, but its beauty is visible to all. 

I watched and heard several children that day, as they pointed to something being worn by someone else, “Mommy, Daddy! I want one of those.” I wonder if our garment is so enticing that others want to wear what we have on!

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD. My soul shall be joyful in my God for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation. He has covered me with the robe of righteousness… Isaiah 61:10

1 comment: