Thursday, January 29, 2015

What’s In Your Wallet?

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

Last night I watched a commercial on TV for the umpteenth time. You’ve probably seen it too, a famous personality looks directly into the camera and asks, “What’s in your wallet?” I know this may seem crazy to some of you, but that commercial sparked the thought for my eDevotion today. 

In my years of ministry, the number one question I’m asked about is God’s will. “Pastor Rick, how do I know God’s will for my life?” Or, “How do I know if this is God’s will for my life?” That is where the commercial comes in: What’s in your “heart”? What ignites you? Pay attention to the fire/passion in your heart.

Do you have a passion for orphans? Then care for them! Are you fired up to sing? Then sing! Are you stirred up to manage? Then manage! Do you ache for the ill? Then visit them; treat them! Are you passionate about the lost? Then reach them!

When I was a young Christ follower, I began to feel a “call” to preach/teach the Word of God. I went to my spiritual advisor, at that time, the President of West Coast Bible College, with my doubts. His wise counsel went like this, “Rick, don’t preach, unless you have to.” Taking his counsel to heart, I found the answer. I had to teach God’s Word otherwise, there was no peace in my heart.

What ignites you? What fires you up? What’s in your wallet?

Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!  1 Corinthians 9:16

No comments:

Post a Comment