Encouragement for your daily walk with God
Living a worry-free life is easier said than done. Let’s be honest; for some, it’s nearly impossible. That’s why many of us shake our heads when the apostle Paul said, “Don’t worry about anything” [Philippians 4:6]. Yeah, right! Open your eyes, Paul, there is so much in this sin-sick world to be worried about:
- The sun is blasting cancer-causing rays.
- Air ducts are blowing out lung-clotting molds.
- Cheetos have too many carbs!
- Veggies are grown in soil that is farmed out and full of toxins.
- Coffee is bad for you…no wait, they just changed their minds again.
- My kids won’t talk to me, I’m worried sick.
- My kids tell me everything, I’m worried sick.
Is there a cure for worry? Yes, I know just the antidote. His name is Jesus. His invitation isn’t for a life of less worry, but of full rest for your soul — that sounds like no worry to me. And I like the sound of that!
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29