Friday, July 10, 2015

God’s Way—My Way

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

It seems so easy at times to question God. After all, He doesn’t choose to do things I want Him to do, or the way I want Him to do them. I have my way, and He has His. I’m sure if God put up an eternal “Suggestion Box,” we’d fill it to overflowing with how He could “improve” things. 

Thankfully, He doesn’t do things our way. His plans are ALWAYS better.

Why should God take advice from any of us? Our abilities and wisdom are limited. The truth is, we misplace our car keys and can't keep most of our houseplants alive [at least, that’s me]. And yet, we find ourselves advising God on how to run the universe. How foolish. Which of us knows better than God!

God sees things from an eternal perspective. His abilities, well, they’re endless. His wisdom, flawless. Who can fathom the complexity of the universe? God can, and does. He created it and sustains it by the word of His power [Hebrews 1:3].

As we start our weekend, let’s go and be in awe of God’s plan. If you really think about it, His plan is better than yours. Ponder the painted sky at sunset. Marvel at the innumerable stars spread across the night’s sky. God did that. If He can create and maintain that, He can handle your problems and mine. 

Greater yet, look to Jesus. There you will see God’s perfect plan for your salvation through His death and resurrection. God has a perfect plan for you.

1    Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:
2     “Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge? 
3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.
4     “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand. 
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it? 
6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone— 
7 while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?
8     “Who shut up the sea behind doors
when it burst forth from the womb, 
9 when I made the clouds its garment
and wrapped it in thick darkness, 
10 when I fixed limits for it
and set its doors and bars in place, 
11 when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
here is where your proud waves halt’?

Job 38:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment