Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Help We Need

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

I have over 40 translations of the Bible on my computer. This morning, I chose the New English Bible as I read the book of Romans. The wording of the first part of Romans 8:26 caught my attention: “The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness.” I wanted to take my highlighter out and mark up the monitor!

The word “weakness” can refer to the body, like the invalid unable to walk for thirty-eight years [John 5:5], or a spiritual impotence, like the “utterly helpless” [Romans 5:6]. Weak in soul or weak in body or both, there’s a grand finale in verse 26, “… the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us…” 

That’s good to know. The Holy Spirit is interceding for us. That’s the kind of help we need.

 The Spirit comes to the aid of our weakness. Romans 8:26a

No comments:

Post a Comment