Monday, October 3, 2016

Hope in God

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

It’s time for a reality check, so here’s the question: Have you ever had a lapse of faith? I have. Several times I have gone through situations that caused me to wonder if I would ever get through them. 

One such time were the weeks of grief and depression I experienced when we lost our first Grandchild. I knew that he was in heaven. I knew I would see him again one day. But then, I still had to endure day to day life. Doubt, despair, anger seemed to be my new normal. 

On one of those very dark days, I remember quoting Scripture to myself: 

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he is dead, yet shall he live.”  

So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory? The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 

And many others like these. I know this may sound a little strange, but I began to believe what I believed. The Word of God awakened my hope in God to sustain me. 

We all experience lapses in faith. It happens. But when it does, believe your beliefs and doubt your doubts. Hope in God. It will be your strength to go on in life. 

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 42:11

No comments:

Post a Comment