Friday, November 18, 2016

Thankful

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

I have no doubt that praise and thanksgiving make you feel good. I’ve heard many testimonies to that effect. But please hear me, praise and thanksgiving do more than give you a good feeling. They also increase your awareness and comprehension of God’s goodness. And because of that, we have a greater capacity to enjoy His presence in our lives. 

Here’s an idea to help keep praise and thanksgiving at the forefront of your thoughts. As you spend time increasing your prayer list, make, and enlarge, a praise list. Count them. Name them - one by one. When you do that, it helps you recognize God’s goodness in your life. As you recount your blessings, let it guide your thoughts. Thank Him more. Praise Him more. When you do, you’ll enjoy Him all the more. 

Remember God's goodness this Thanksgiving Day, and every day, and you will deepen your enjoyment of Him.

The old hymn said it well:

When upon life’s billow you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessing, name them one by one, 
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done!
(© Public Domain - Johnson Oatman, Jr., 1897)                           

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30.11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment