Friday, May 5, 2017

Let’s Get Together

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

I once heard about guy who tried to have a long-distance relationship with his girlfriend. He sent her a letter each and every day for a year. After that year passed, he received a letter from her. It said, “Thanks so much for your letters, but you can stop writing me now. I’m marrying the postman.”

That long-distance relationship didn't work, and they don’t work in church either. You need to be there. It’s why we gather: to fellowship, encourage each other, and to speak truth into each other’s lives. You miss out on that when you are away. 

Someone told me, “I just can’t find a church that fits me in town.” I wonder how a person like that would have made it in New Testament times. We have more churches within 5 minutes of each other than the early church had in their entire city. It seems they found a church that “fit,” and so can we.

The church is one of the greatest gifts God gave to His people. Don’t miss it! Ground yourself in a church. Experience the joy of investing your life in the lives of other believers and, receive that joy yourself.

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10.25

No comments:

Post a Comment