Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Goodness and Mercy are on Your Heels

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

If you are a Christ follower - if by faith you have forsaken your sins and they are forgiven - I have great news for you. Listen to me now, “Relentless goodness and mercy are after you.” You may feel defeated today. Don’t worry about it. You are being pursued by goodness and mercy. You may not have followed God perfectly - none of us have, of course - but don’t go down the path of despair. Goodness and mercy are on your heels, pursuing you. 

Isn’t that what the Psalmist said? That goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life? Goodness (defined as bountiful blessing) and mercy (defined as lovingkindness and favor) are hunting you down every minute of the day. 

Do you think you’ve failed God too many times? Do you think there is too much water under the bridge, that it’s too late for you? Do you think there are too many others greater than yourself, that you are insignificant or unimportant? Trust me, I’ve heard all of this many times before. It’s old news and a trick of the enemy to make you think that God has given up on you. 

Stop for a moment and listen. Do you hear it? It’s the sound of goodness and mercy heading your way. They are running full speed to chase you down. They are relentless and will follow you all the days of your life. They will overrun all the rotten stuff in your life and pursue you until you enter the house of the Lord, where you will remain with Him forever.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23.6 

No comments:

Post a Comment