Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Take Time for God

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

A pastor friend of mine told me about a successful businessman who said, "It's not that I don't believe in God, it's just that I don't have time for Him. If I did all the things that God wanted me to do, I'd never have time left for business." 

Now, that’s quite a statement, and very revealing. “I don’t have time for God” is a conscious removal of God from one’s heart and mind, and a real tragedy. 

In order to understand God and Christ, we must spend time getting to know them. Sure, it requires time in the Word, but if we don’t spend that time, we rob ourselves of the truth of God’s redemption and salvation. 

Every Christ follower knows that we need to keep God close. It’s worth every minute we spend in the Word, and obedience to it. When someone tells me they don’t have time to read the Scripture, I usually say something like this (tongue-in-cheek, of course), “If you can’t find time to read the Bible, just turn the TV off for 15 minutes. I know it’s difficult, but you’ll survive!”

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psalm 10.4

No comments:

Post a Comment