Friday, July 7, 2017

I Know My Redeemer Lives

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God 

“I know my Redeemer lives.” You would think these words were spoken by a Christ follower. The truth is, they came from the lips of an Old Testament character we associate with suffering: Job. 

Job’s comfort lies in the little word “my” — “MY” Redeemer. “A” Redeemer, or even “THE” Redeemer, is of less value than when He is your personal Redeemer. It’s like gold in a mine. It’s nice, but when you possess the gold, when it is in your pocket, it is of much greater value. A Redeemer who has not redeemed you personally, what benefit is that?

That's why you should never be content until you can say with all confidence, “I’m my beloved’s and my beloved is mine” [Song of Solomon 6.3].

But let’s not overlook two other important words, “I know.” Notice it isn’t I “think” or I “hope.” To reach Job’s level of confidence, we must proclaim “I know… no ifs, ands, or buts!” When you know your Redeemer lives, then dark is a lot less dark. Life, even with its hurts, is a lot less painful. 

If Job could come to that conclusion ages before Christ intervened in this world, how much more can we? “I know my Redeemer lives!” A Redeemer who is truly mine, is joy unspeakable. 

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and He shall stand at last on the earth. Job 19.25

No comments:

Post a Comment