Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Book Like No Other

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

Over my lifetime, I’ve read thousands of books. None of them has had an impact in my life as the Bible. I’ve spent a Christian lifetime delving into the truths found on each page, over forty five years now, and I have barely scratched the surface of its value. I even wrote a small book about the Bible titled, A Word about THE Word. Still, I find myself, day after day, digging for more treasures.

Not everyone has the same appreciation for the Bible. It has been banned, burned, scoffed and ridiculed. Imminent scholars have branded it foolish. Rulers have made it illegal. Throughout history, attempts have been made to bury it, but the Bible refuses to stay underground. 

Not only has it survived in time, but it has also thrived. It is the best-selling book in history—translated, printed, and distributed to more countries than any other manuscript. I can think of no earthly way to explain it. Maybe that is the explanation. The Bible’s longevity is not earthly, but heavenly. That’s why an angel could rightly tell the apostle John, “These words are faithful and true” [Revelation 22:6]. The words you read in your Bible are the very words of God. 

The Bible reveals God’s plan and passion for His children. Let me say it this way: The Bible is map that leads to God’s highest treasure, eternal life.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment