Friday, March 13, 2015

At Home with God

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

First things first, remove the thought from your mind that God is somewhere out there beyond Jupiter, and you are stuck on earth, a great distance away from Him. Neither are you separated from Him by a gigantic ladder where He is way up there and you are on the first rung way down here. Forget it and wipe that thought thoroughly from your mind. While in Greece, Paul told some philosophers, lawyers, and city officials that God “is not far from each one of us. For in Him we live…” [Acts 17:27-28]. We are at home with God.

It’s really powerful when you think about it. As a Christ follower, I am at home with God. When I think of being at home, I think, kick my shoes off and wear a bathrobe all day if I want to. I think of eating dill pickles with crackers and cheese, washed down with a glass of cold milk, and nobody cares.

Home is familiar. I don’t get lost in my home. I know where every room is. If God is where we live, our home, He can be as equally familiar. When I need to be nourished, I know right where to go. When I need protection from the elements, the door is right there and I can go in. 

The Psalmist said, “The Lord is my refuge…” therefore home is a place of peace [see Psalm 31:2; 57:1; 59:16; 62:7 and more!]. And think about this, God’s house has never been broken into or plundered. His walls have never been breached by anyone at any time. Never! Moses knew this too. He prayed, “Lord, you have been our home from the beginning.” 

What a precious thought, I am at home with my Lord!

Lord, you have been our home throughout all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psalm 90:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment