Monday, March 23, 2015

Right Here

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

I was thinking about a surgery I had many years ago. I had already received something to relax me before getting anesthesia. I was groggy, dopey really. As they were wheeling my bed down the hall toward the surgery unit, I remember asking for my dear Janet, “Where are you? Are you with me?” Then I heard the most comforting words I had ever heard, “It’s OK, babe, I’m right here.” Everything was going to be just fine—she was with me.

Yet, greater still, the Lord of heaven and earth is with me. It’s everywhere in the Bible.

Moses proclaimed it: For what great nation is there that has God so near to it, as the LORD our God is to us, for whatever reason we may call upon Him? [Deuteronomy 4:7].

Paul agrees: He is not far from each one of us [Acts 17:27].

David announced it: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me [Psalm 23:4].

Isn’t it great! In the wilderness, encamped by a mountainside, in green pastures, in the presence of the enemy, facing a host of philosophers and dignitaries, Moses, David, and Paul discovered that God meant what He said; the same thing He promised to Jacob, “I will not leave you.

He will never leave or forsake you either!

Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you. Genesis 28:15  

No comments:

Post a Comment