Friday, March 27, 2015

It’s Your Choice

eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

When I was growing up, “Let’s Make A Deal” was a popular game show. In each episode, the people chosen from the audience had to make some choices; “Will you take whatever is in my pocket, or what’s inside box number 3?” “I have an envelop here. You can keep this or take what’s behind curtain number 1.” Oh, the drama!

Well, the Bible is like that in many respects. It speaks of choices, and believe me, the prize is much more valuable than what’s behind curtain number 3!

Here are a few of the many things you can choose:

a narrow or wide gate [Matthew 7:13-14]
a narrow or broad road [Matthew 7:13-14]
a kingdom of light or darkness [1 Peter 2:9]
a kingdom of this world or of Christ [Revelation 11:15]
to build on rock or sand [Matthew 7:24-27]
to serve God or riches [Matthew 6:24]
to be counted as a sheep or goats [Matthew 25:32-33]

God has given you many things to choose from, and they all have eternal consequences. 

I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws. Psalm 119:30

1 comment: