Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wonderful Peace


eDevotion
Encouragement for your daily walk with God

A Christ follower knows there is a cure for the troubled heart. In fact, it is an inheritance. When Christ left this earth, He left us an inheritance of peace. “My peace I leave with you,” He said. And I assure you; it is fundamentally different than the peace this world has to offer. It isn’t a peace for escaping difficult circumstances; rather, it is peace right in the middle of them.

The Christ follower’s peace is right in the midst of trouble, right in the midst of distress and turmoil and heartache and pressure. How can that be, you ask? It’s because of our unique relationship. He is in us and we are in Him. Out of that comes an abiding assurance of His presence. He is there, even in the “valley of the shadow of death,” working out His purposes in us.

There you have it. You are rich because you have inherited peace from Christ. No matter what you are going through, at this very moment, you are in Him and He is in you. What a gift, this peace of Christ!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment